Google is beefing up programming and positioning its streaming service platform to compete with other streamers.
The company said Google Play Movies & TV is moving to Google TV, starting from May 2022. This comes after Google says, the Google Play app, Movies & TV will no longer be supported.
According to the company, the Google TV app will be a standalone and new home for entertainment destination. Users will be able to buy, rent, watch movies on their Android mobile devices and tablet.
In a blog post the company said, “last year, the Google TV app was redesigned to help you browse movies and shows from your favourite streaming apps all in one place, and discover new things to watch with recommendations based on what you love.”
On Google TV, you will find the same experience you are used to on Google Play Movies & TV with the latest new releases, rentals, deals, and great recommendations for you said the company.
Here are a few things to be aware of:
- Your purchased content will continue to be available in the Google TV app
- Your purchases on the Google TV app continue to be eligible for family sharing and Google Play Points
- You can still use Play credit and Play gift cards for purchase in the Google TV app
- Your wishlist can be accessed within the Google TV app
- You can still view and request refunds for your purchases on Google Play
- Your wishlist and reviews are available to download via takeout.google.com