Google is serious about meeting its users halfway through. This comes after the search engine giant decided to offer its platform by going live with spaces in Google Chat for all users. The move is part of the company embracing hybrid working conditions model since most of its users are working remotely or from home.
According to TechCrunch, Spaces integrates with Workspace tools, like the calendar, Drive and documents, to provide a more hybrid work experience where users can see the full history, content and context of conversations, regardless of their location.
Here are some new features users can see in spaces:
- One interface for everything — inbox, chats, spaces and meetings.
- Spaces, and content therein, can be made discoverable for people to find and join in the conversation.
- Better search ability within a team’s knowledge base.
- Ability to reply to any message within a space.
- Enhanced security and admin tools to monitor communication.
In a blog post Google’s senior director of product management, Sanaz Ahari said, “customers wanted spaces to be more like a “central hub for collaboration, both in real time and asynchronously. Instead of starting an email chain or scheduling a video meeting, teams can come together directly in a space to move projects and topics along.”