MultiChoice ties with betting company KingMakers to launch SuperSportBet

MultiChoice Group through SuperSport has thrown its name in the ring to compete with big brands such as Betway, Hollywoodbets, Gbets, BoyleSports, SuberBets and World Sports Betting. 

The DSTV parent company recently partnered with Nigerian company KingMakers to launch SuperSportBet. The move is another way for the pay television to leverage and take advantage of its sporting properties. 

MultiChoice Group CEO and boss Calvo Mawela has expressed his excitement about the partnership with KingMakers.

“We are thrilled to have joined forces with KingMakers to launch this innovative platform. SuperSportBet reflects our commitment to evolve into a platform-based business. The business that is driven by innovation, delivering unparalleled entertainment experiences. We believe SuperSportBet is the ideal platform for fans to augment their sporting experiences,” said Mawela.

Barrie Swart, GM of SuperSportBet, said: “Sports betting is quickly growing to be a game-changer in the country and on the continent. SuperSportBet will, with its exciting features and its association to a rich brand like SuperSport, set itself apart in a competitive and saturated market.”

“SuperSportBet is more than just a platform; it’s designed to offer entertaining, engaging, and responsible betting experiences. We want our users to engage smartly and responsibly,” adds Mawela.

Backstory: In 2020, MultiChoice bought a 20% shareholding in BetKing for R1.4-billion, which was paid in cash. A year later, the pay TV company increased its shareholding in KingMakers with another 29% shares. This brought the total of the shareholding to 49%. The 49% made MultiChoice to have paid R5.9-billion in the deal.

Please follow and like us:
Social Share Buttons and Icons powered by Ultimatelysocial